Massage is that act of kneading the joints and muscles to enable one relax from day’s activities and also relieve pain in both the joints and muscles. Massage has a lot of health benefits that one may benefit from when done once in a while.
Massage is applied using fingers, hands, knees, elbows to the body tissues that may be ailing for a period without a cure. It is treated as one of the traditional medication therapy to the body.
Below are some of the health benefits related to massage.
- Relaxed sleep- there are times that one is not able to sleep comfortably because of being tired. Massage brings a sense of relaxation of the muscles that communicate with the nerves to reduce any sleep disorder. It helps to recharge the body with new energy.
- Control of Sugar levels- When one is relaxed, sugar levels are well managed and chances of diabetes are drastically reduced. This should also be enhanced in kids to prevent any chances of diabetes while young.
- Anxiety-The current lifestyles make people think about tomorrow with anxiety that often lead to depression. A relaxed mind cannot suffer anxiety, and when massage is thoroughly done both to children and adults, it brings a sense of relief which reduce thinking about things you cannot achieve and as such anxiety is eliminated.
- Cancer pain relieve- It helps reduce the much-experienced pain in cancer patients since most of the pain is in the body tissues and this happens to be the best gift that one can offer to the patients.
- Accelerates the growth of infants- When infants are exposed to massage, it helps to build stronger muscles which give the baby energy to be active and as such speeds up the growth. Massage also helps the infant to increase appetite and gain weight as recommended by the doctors.
- Blood circulation is regular- When one has had a massage, the blood circulation becomes stable thereby reducing chances of heart attacks since there is enough oxygen circulating in the heart.
- Improves the immune system- The body is made up such that the immune system is strong enough to fight infections. However, there are times that the body tissues become loose due to lack of exercise and making it prone to infections. Once a massage is done, it strengthens the body muscles and tissues thereby boosting the immune system.
Therefore, why not consider a massage once in a while?